Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF function problem

I have used this formula in the past (last month) without problems - now I
have copied the columns and tried to alter the formula - it keeps telling me
"you've entered too few arguments". My formula was SUMIF (AA3:AA180 "y"
X3:X180) - all I am trying to do is to change the 180 to 183 in AA and X. I
have tried setting the function using the wizard and the formula is exactly
the same and still gives the same error message. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You appear to be missing the commas

=SUMIF(AA3:AA183,"y", X3:X183)

Mike

"Zorba" wrote:

I have used this formula in the past (last month) without problems - now I
have copied the columns and tried to alter the formula - it keeps telling me
"you've entered too few arguments". My formula was SUMIF (AA3:AA180 "y"
X3:X180) - all I am trying to do is to change the 180 to 183 in AA and X. I
have tried setting the function using the wizard and the formula is exactly
the same and still gives the same error message. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF (AA3:AA183,"y",X3:X183)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Zorba" wrote in message
I have used this formula in the past (last month) without problems - now I
have copied the columns and tried to alter the formula - it keeps telling
me
"you've entered too few arguments". My formula was SUMIF (AA3:AA180 "y"
X3:X180) - all I am trying to do is to change the 180 to 183 in AA and X.
have tried setting the function using the wizard and the formula is
exactly
the same and still gives the same error message. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the responses - unfortunately the comma doesn't make a difference
- and that's why I never showed it in my formula. Is it possible that excel
has been corrupted in some wasy?