Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zorba Zorba is offline

Default SUMIF function problem

Thanks for the responses - unfortunately the comma doesn't make a difference
- and that's why I never showed it in my formula. Is it possible that excel
has been corrupted in some wasy?

"Zorba" wrote:

I have used this formula in the past (last month) without problems - now I
have copied the columns and tried to alter the formula - it keeps telling me
"you've entered too few arguments". My formula was SUMIF (AA3:AA180 "y"
X3:X180) - all I am trying to do is to change the 180 to 183 in AA and X. I
have tried setting the function using the wizard and the formula is exactly
the same and still gives the same error message. Please help.