Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table grouping fields by Dept

I have a pivot table set up with several Depts and the 2008 Actual, 2008
Budget and % Variance to Budget (calculated field). My pivot is showing
all the actuals by column for each department and then all the budgets
columns by dept and then the % Variance columns.

Ex:
Acutals...........................Budgets......... ..........Variance.................
Dept A, Dept B, Dept C, Dept A, Dept B, Dept C, Dept A, Dept B, Dept C

How do I change it so that for each Dept it has Actual, Budget and %
Variance columns all next to each other and then do the same for the next
Dept?

Dept A Dept B
Act, Bud, Variance Act, Bud, Var etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the Column Area, drag the Dept heading to the left of the Data heading.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures