Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default filter for unlocked cells in protected Excell 2007 sheet

Hi,
I'm struggling to allow auto filter function available for other users in
the Excell 2007 sheet where I need one column stay protected (locked and
hidden).
As soon as I protect this sheet (even with filter function selected and
available) it becomes disabled on any other machine for entire sheet.
This happens in Excel 2007, in Exs 2003 everything works fine.
Any suggestions/advises would be highly appreciated
olegb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tested this in xl2007 and it appears to work. Can you list the boxes you
have checked in the protection dialog box so that I can try to emulate
exactly what you have.

Also, are you setting the protection in xl2003 and then migrating to xl2007
or vice versa? How is the file getting saved in xl2007; as xl2007 or as
xl97-2003 file type?

OssieMac