Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Validation Lists Problem

I'm able to create lists and validation per contextures.com for one cell. But
now I'd like to create a validation for the next cell based on the results of
the first validation results. Cell C9 provides 2 options. Cell C13 provides
options based on input selected from C9. Now I want to create a function(?)
or validation for cell C15 based on a combination of C9 and C13.
--
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This site describes what you're wanting

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Steve" wrote:

I'm able to create lists and validation per contextures.com for one cell. But
now I'd like to create a validation for the next cell based on the results of
the first validation results. Cell C9 provides 2 options. Cell C13 provides
options based on input selected from C9. Now I want to create a function(?)
or validation for cell C15 based on a combination of C9 and C13.
--
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've added instructions for a third dependent list:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#Third

and that example is now in the sample download file.

Steve wrote:
Found the site as previously indicated, but not getting the results I would
have expected. Not quite sure of what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures