Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF / SUMPRODUCT

I am working on a spreadsheet and I need help.

Below is the data:

Col A B C
7/16/2007 $20.00 Stock 001
8/14/2007 $20.00 Stock 001
10/25/2007 $0.29 Stock 002
3/11/2008 $10.00 Stock 001
4/16/2008 $20.00 Stock 001
6/17/2008 $7.00 Stock 001
6/24/2008 $7.00 Stock 001
7/1/2008 $5.00 Stock 001
7/8/2008 $5.00 Stock 001
1/24/2008 $0.32 Stock 002
4/25/2008 $0.32 Stock 002
7/25/2008 $0.69 Stock 002
10/28/2008 $0.89 Stock 002

I am trying to create a formula, where it can total the amount of column C
for a particular year. For example, I will need to know the total of stock
001 for 2007.

I've tried using the SUMIF and sum product formulas but it's not giving me a
value or and error.

Any help would be someone could give me would be great.
--
Thxs
PV
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TRy this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A2:A14)=2007),--(C2:C14="Stock 001"),B2:B14)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP