Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula refresh

The problem i am having is i have a excel file with sum formulas entered.
When i enter in a value and hit the tab or enter key the formula will not add
that value to the total. The only way to get the data to populate is to hit
the F9 key or click the Save button and the totals appear.

Am i missing something? I would like the user to enter in data then tab to
the next column and populate the entered data automatically.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to
Tools-Options, Calculation
Select automatic.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Marcus" wrote:

The problem i am having is i have a excel file with sum formulas entered.
When i enter in a value and hit the tab or enter key the formula will not add
that value to the total. The only way to get the data to populate is to hit
the F9 key or click the Save button and the totals appear.

Am i missing something? I would like the user to enter in data then tab to
the next column and populate the entered data automatically.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From the Main Menu Bar select:
Tools- Options
From the Calculation Tab Click on Automatic, then save your file.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Marcus" wrote:

The problem i am having is i have a excel file with sum formulas entered.
When i enter in a value and hit the tab or enter key the formula will not add
that value to the total. The only way to get the data to populate is to hit
the F9 key or click the Save button and the totals appear.

Am i missing something? I would like the user to enter in data then tab to
the next column and populate the entered data automatically.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure calculation is set to automatic. ToolsOptionsCalculation
tabAutomaticOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Marcus" wrote in message
The problem i am having is i have a excel file with sum formulas entered.
When i enter in a value and hit the tab or enter key the formula will not
add
that value to the total. The only way to get the data to populate is to
hit
the F9 key or click the Save button and the totals appear.

Am i missing something? I would like the user to enter in data then tab
the next column and populate the entered data automatically.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you are using 2007 choose Formulas tab, Calculation group, Calculation
Options, Automatic

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marcus" wrote in message
The problem i am having is i have a excel file with sum formulas entered.
When i enter in a value and hit the tab or enter key the formula will not
add
that value to the total. The only way to get the data to populate is to
hit
the F9 key or click the Save button and the totals appear.

Am i missing something? I would like the user to enter in data then tab
the next column and populate the entered data automatically.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

TIA

Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good idea to save the file with calc mode set to automatic

BUT.......a warning.

If a workbook with calc mode set to manual is the first opened workbook in a
session, all subsequent workbooks opened will also be set to manual even if
they were saved in automatic mode.

You must be aware of this feature in all versions of Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:13:00 -0800, Michael
wrote:

From the Main Menu Bar select:
Tools- Options
From the Calculation Tab Click on Automatic, then save your file.