Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating 6 days from a date

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you post what are the expected results, to provide you with an accurate
answer.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Cutie" wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Use

=WORKDAY(StartDate,6)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Cutie" wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I neglected to mention, that if you are using 2003 or earlier this function
is in the ATP, choose Tools, Add-ins, and check the Analysis ToolPak.

By the way there is a third argument which allows you to specify holidays to
exclude also.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Cutie" wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Thank you. It worked perfect. I would like to know how to exclude holidays
if you could give me that formula as well.

Thanks

"Cutie" wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To exclude holidays you need to enter them in a range for example you could
enter
12/25/2009
7/4/2009
in cells D1:D2

Then the formula would read

=WORKDAY(StartDate,6,D1:D2)

You need to manually enter them because everybody's holidays are not the same.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Cutie" wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:19:02 -0800, Cutie
wrote:

How do I calculate 6 working days from any date. e.g. 5th January 2009 is my
starting date, what formula to I use to work out 6 days excluding weekend.
Thank you

With Jan 5 in A1, use something like:

=workday(a1,5)

If you get a #NAME! error, look at HELP for the Workday function for how to
resolve it.

The Workday function also has an optional [holidays] argument which you may
find useful.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

as ever many thanks.
I was using it to book course start and end dates BUT to get the actual end
date I had to include a sum to minus 1 day:)

i.e. course starts 1 mar 2010 for 8 days show end on the 1o mar 2010 but
your calculation says 11 mar 2010.

Not a problem as sure a reason but many thanks :)