Mark

Default date format

When I enter a date format 04/09/05, Excel displays 01/00 in the cell. Why is
it doing this. I have gone to format cells and formated the cell for dates,
03/14.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Ron Coderre

Sounds like you have Lotus 123 transitions set:
ToolsOptionsTransition Tab
Uncheck the 2 sheet options.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

Peo Sjoblom

Go to toolsoptionstranstion and uncheck
transition formula entry using that you are actually doing

=4/9/5

which is

0.0888888888888889

and since it is less than a day it will be 02:00 AM jan 0 1900
thus the result

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom