Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format cells without a formula

Hi

I have a large spreadsheet with formulae in multiple cells.
Occassionally under some circumstances I have to replace a formula
with manually entered data and I need to be able to automatically
highlight these cells as being different.
I have found out how to conditionally format a cell containing a
formula but can't make the adjsutment to format a cell that doesn't
contain a formula.
The code I found is:

Function IsFormula(cell_ref As Range)
IsFormula = cell_ref.HasFormula
End Function

Is it as simple as changing "HasFormula" to "doesnothaveformula"?

Thanks
Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may try this.

1. Press Ctrl+F3 to get the Define Name box;
2. Type in a name there, say cellhasformula
3. In the Refers to box, type =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("rc",FALSE))
4. Now go to the first number of the range and in the "Formula Is" drop down
box, type the following formula =cellhasformula=FALSE
5. Select the desired formatting
6. Now copy down the conditional formatting

You will now see all the hard coded numbers in the desired formatting.

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

" wrote in message
Hi

I have a large spreadsheet with formulae in multiple cells.
Occassionally under some circumstances I have to replace a formula
with manually entered data and I need to be able to automatically
highlight these cells as being different.
I have found out how to conditionally format a cell containing a
formula but can't make the adjsutment to format a cell that doesn't
contain a formula.
The code I found is:

Function IsFormula(cell_ref As Range)
IsFormula = cell_ref.HasFormula
End Function

Is it as simple as changing "HasFormula" to "doesnothaveformula"?

Thanks
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, that's done the trick nicely