Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format cells without a formula

The use of NOT sounds more likely.

You can either use =NOT(IsFormula(cellref)) as your CF condition, or change
your function to something like:
Function IsNotFormula(cell_ref As Range)
IsNotFormula = Not (cell_ref.HasFormula)
End Function
--
David Biddulph

wrote:
Hi

I have a large spreadsheet with formulae in multiple cells.
Occassionally under some circumstances I have to replace a formula
with manually entered data and I need to be able to automatically
highlight these cells as being different.
I have found out how to conditionally format a cell containing a
formula but can't make the adjsutment to format a cell that doesn't
contain a formula.
The code I found is:

Function IsFormula(cell_ref As Range)
IsFormula = cell_ref.HasFormula
End Function

Is it as simple as changing "HasFormula" to "doesnothaveformula"?

Thanks
Martin