Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Total cells when range is unknown

Thank you to any who dare... this may not be possible but I appreciate your
comments.

I have an extracted range and need to add a total to the next row after its
last extracted record each time it runs.
Some times I get 2 records, sometimes 70, but in each case I need the next
row after the last record to contain a sum of all values in a given column,
but only in the extracted data (above the extracted data are the data source
records).

The Extract range always begins in cells A213:G213. A212:G212 contains the
Headings for the cells.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What if you put the total ABOVE the data and then used a formula like
SUM(A213:A65000)?

On Dec 31, 11:56*am, FirstVette52 <(My User name is Firstvette 52,
too) firstvet52@(my ISP E-mail provider is) netzero.com wrote:
Thank you to any who dare... *this may not be possible but I appreciate your
comments.

I have an extracted range and need to add a total to the next row after its
last extracted record each time it runs.
Some times I get 2 records, sometimes 70, but in each case I need the next
row after the last record to contain a sum of all values in a given column,
but only in the extracted data (above the extracted data are the data source
records).

The Extract range always begins in cells A213:G213. A212:G212 contains the
Headings for the cells.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What if you put a SUM(A213:A9999) into A10000 and Format-Row-Hide
everything from... say... rows 215 to 9999? Columns B through G would
receive similar treatment.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

1. To put it below you could write a macro.

2. Or you could put the calculation far below the last possible extract row
and then use autofilter to hide all the blank rows between the calculation
and the last extracted value.

In the second case you can set up the autofilter and calculation formulas
before you do the extract so it only needs to be done once.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire