Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extracting text from a cell

Hello,

I am attempting to extract text from an email address in a cell.
For example
If the cells are the following

I want to write a formula that will extract
Company
AnotherCompany

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

",)

Where B1 contains the email address.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jmberner" wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to extract text from an email address in a cell.
For example
If the cells are the following

I want to write a formula that will extract
Company
AnotherCompany

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

IF you want to use a non formula based approach, you can use Data Text to
columns as well. Just that you will have to use it twice over - one with a
delimiter of @ and other with a delimiter of .

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"jmberner" wrote in message
Hello,

I am attempting to extract text from an email address in a cell.
For example
If the cells are the following

I want to write a formula that will extract
Company
AnotherCompany

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try using Find/Replace?

Use *@ in the Find What box,
put nothing in the Replace With box,
and click Replace All

That should do it pretty darn quickly. Just make sure to keep a copy
of your data in case you might need it later.

Note that if the addresses are hyperlinks they will continue to link
to the original address and not just the domain name that remains
after the replace.