Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extracting text from a cell

What is the easiest way to extract the text between the " - " in this cell

Churchill County - Cottonwood Canyon - Geology

I can start the pull out oaky from the left, but how do I go to the " - " on
the right? It seems easy but haven't found the right function or a group of
functions yet.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is in several cells to make it easier to follow. You can combine it
into one cell if you like:

in A1:
Churchill County - Cottonwood Canyon - Geology
in A2:
=FIND("-",A1,1)+2 where center text starts
in A3:
=FIND("-",A1,A2)-1 where center text ends
in A4
=MID(A1,A2,A3-A2)

The trick is finding the second "-" by starting after the first one!!

--
Gary's Student