Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default auto populated price multiplied by quantity?

I have a spreadsheet with a size column, a price column and a quantity
column, along with others that are not relevant to my questions. Currently
when you select the size from a drop down list, the price automatically
populates from a corresponding list and then the price column is totaled.
However, i would also like to take into account the quantity column. So i
guess what I need it to do is:
When the user selects a size, the price for one piece is populated into
price column.
When the user enters a quantity, the price column is multiplied by the
quantity and the price column changes to the new price.
I sure hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Oh ya, and currently I am using =VLOOKUP(B5,X$5:Y$33,2,0) to auto populate
the price column. And the quantity column is column H. Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Lindsay

If you want the price column to show the price for a single item when
quantity is blank....but then use the relevant quantity when quantity
column is populated change your formula to

=VLOOKUP(B5,X$5:Y$33,2,0)*IF(H5="",1,H5)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=IF(H5="",VLOOKUP(B5,X$5:Y$33,2,0),VLOOKUP(B5,X$5: Y$33,2,0)*H5)

This will give you what you are getting now if H5 is blank (or zero) and
give you th e price multiplied with quantity if H5 has a value...(must be a
number)