Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula will not show value

I have 2007. While scrolling down Excel went into recovery mode. Now my
functions will not show the value in the cell. in Formula wizard the
resultant value is correct, but stil does not transfer to the cell value. I
see the formula only. I tried going to teh Formula toolbar and clicking 'show
Formulas' the cell toggles to show more formula or less.

HELP!
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good chance the cells were re-formatted as text.

Format all to General then select a cell and F2 then ENTER.

OK now?

If many cells you can do an EditReplace after formatting all to General.

What: =

With: =

Replace all

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:23:01 -0800, Candyman
wrote:

I have 2007. While scrolling down Excel went into recovery mode. Now my
functions will not show the value in the cell. in Formula wizard the
resultant value is correct, but stil does not transfer to the cell value. I
see the formula only. I tried going to teh Formula toolbar and clicking 'show
Formulas' the cell toggles to show more formula or less.

HELP!
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good to hear