Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Default Mike H - Help

Hey Mike,

Is there any way to make the calendar close automatically once a date is
selected? Also, I moved the calendar to another workbook but need to know if
I want a calendar to pop-up on different worksheets within that workbook if I
have to put the code in every tab.

Thanks,

"Mike H" wrote:

sTia,

Sadly no. To do that you would need to create the userform in your
Personal.xls at the moment it exist only in that particular workbook.

What you do is go back to vb editor right click the userform in project
explorer and remove the userform and you will be asked whether you want to
exppport it fiirst. Click OK

Then import it in personal.xls

Now insert a module in personal.xls along these lines

Sub RunCal()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

and finaly change the code that calls the calendar in your workbook to this

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B5, C5, A10, A15, B22, D30")) Is Nothing Then
Application.Run "Personal.xls!RunCal"

Mike

"Tia" wrote:

That worked!!! Thanks! Now if I save your file, is a calendar going to
always pop up if I click in one of those cells in a new workbook?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

It's probably because of my later version of excel. Open VB editor and
double click the userform i created and delete the calendar from the userform.

With the userform selected click
View|Toolbox and see if you have a calendar control in the toolbox. If you
have click it and drag a calendar to the same size as the userform. You
should now be OK.

If you haven't got a calendar control click TOOLS-Additional controls and
scroll down until you find

Calendar Control x
X could be any number up to (I think) 12
Check the checkbox then OK and you should now have a calendar control in
your toolbox to put on the userform.

Mike

"Tia" wrote:

It works, but for some reason the dates on the calendar aren't showing up.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

File is fixed here

http://www.savefile.com/files/1927731

I just noticed your using Excel 97 and I only have 2003 so if you can't open
it then post again and I'll post help on how to do it

Mike

"Tia" wrote:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1927672

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I'm sure that if you upload your workbook to the site below and post the
link then someone will help

http://www.savefile.com/

Mike

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia

Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

add a second macr to personal.xls to close the form

Application.Run "Personal.xls!CloseCal"

Sub CloseCal()
frmCalendar.hide
End Sub

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia

Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Hi Joel,

I'm a novice at Excel and don't really know how to add another macro.

Thanks!

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia

Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1) type Alt-F11 from worksheet to open VBA window
2) If VBA Project window is not display then from VBA window go to menu View
- Project Explorer
3) Look in Project Explorer window for Personal.xls. You should find the
macro

Sub RunCal()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

4) Copy the new macro CloseCal below the RunCal like this

Sub RunCal()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

Sub CloseCal()
frmCalendar.hide
End Sub

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia
Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Hey Joel,

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm not using the Personal.xls folder. I'm
using VBAProject (Proposal Form.xls). This is what I have in it already so I
added your code to the bottom, but it doesn't close the calendar once a date
is selected.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E6")) Is Nothing Then
frmCalendar.Show

Sub CloseCal()
frmCalendar.Hide
End Sub

Thanks,
Tia

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia
Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know what you Proposal Form.xls contains. You have to manually close
the calendar by adding a Control Button (ENTER) to the Proposal Form.xls.
Then when the user selects the date and press Enter the code I supplied will
HIDE the Calendar until it is used again. the button will need a click
function where you would hide the calendar.

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia
Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Can you upload it at the same website?

www.savefile.com

It's free, all you have to do is go to the blue boxes on the left side
titled "upload your file".

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia
Was this post helpful to you?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Thanks for all your help!!!!

"Tia" wrote:

Is anyone willing to take a look at my excel workbook and tell me what I'm
doing wrong? I've followed the steps at www.fontstuff.com but I'm having no
luck getting the calendar to pop-up when I click on a specific cell.

Thanks,

Tia
Was this post helpful to you?

F.A.O Mike H leerem Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 10th 08 01:20 PM
Help!!! MIKE H Wu Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 9th 08 05:41 PM
FOR MIKE H. doss04 New Users to Excel 5 October 12th 08 12:45 PM
I need you Mike H! jessshouse Excel Worksheet Functions 4 June 28th 07 04:27 PM
Mike Window Menu Missing Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 March 15th 05 03:49 PM