Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Accessible worksheet area

How do I limit the size of a worksheet e.g. A1:M50 ? So that users cannot
access or enter data in cells outside that zone ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cell protection.
--
David Biddulph

"Tristan Maynard" <Tristan wrote in
message ...
How do I limit the size of a worksheet e.g. A1:M50 ? So that users cannot
access or enter data in cells outside that zone ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Press ALT F11 to open the VBA Editor, and there press CTRL R to
display the Project window if it is not already visible (typically on
the left side of the screen). Find your workbook in the tree-view and
then expand the "Microsoft Excel Objects" item. Select your sheet name
in the list and then press F4 to display the Properties window if it
is not already visible (below the Project window). In the Properties
window, there is an item called ScrollArea. There, type the range you
want to allow scrolling, $A$1:$M$50.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:11:01 -0800, Tristan Maynard <Tristan
wrote:

How do I limit the size of a worksheet e.g. A1:M50 ? So that users cannot
access or enter data in cells outside that zone ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Set the scrollarea to a range using VBA.

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time you open the workbook.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook
module and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Adjust the sheetname and range to suit.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:M50"
End Sub

Or also in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:M50"
End With
End Sub