Steve Jones

Default Worksheet Scroll Area

Hi

I have created a form to be sent out to people via attachment.

I have restricted worksheet scroll area in Workbook_Open.

This of course is prompting to enable/disable macros.

I have protected cells and hidden formulas etc, is there any way I can
create the same effect without creating macros?

Thanks

Norman Jones

Hi Steve,

To set the scoll area from Excel, displaying the ControlToolbox toobar and
selecting the properties icon (the second icon) will give you access to the
editable scroll area property of the worksheet.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Steve Jones" wrote in message
Hi

I have created a form to be sent out to people via attachment.

I have restricted worksheet scroll area in Workbook_Open.

This of course is prompting to enable/disable macros.

I have protected cells and hidden formulas etc, is there any way I can
create the same effect without creating macros?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

But I think that this setting is forgotten when the user closes and reopens the
workbook.

So I think that the macro approach is the only way.

An alternative (maybe)...

Hide all those columns/rows that you don't want the user to see. With the
worksheet protected, it'll be a little more difficult to select those areas.

--

Dave Peterson
Norman Jones

Hi Dave and Steve,

I recant and apologise!

Never having attempted a non-VBA approach, I failed to address the
persistance issue and goofed!

---
Regards,
Norman