Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJB CJB is offline

Default Excell Formula copying-to-stay the same.

Hi,

I have been using a formula you helped me with before. It solved my problem
by freezing one of the locations in the formula. EG =(C6*$C$3)+(D6*$D$3)
The C3 and D3 are the price of the product.
Now my question is how do you 'freeze' this formula in place so if the price
changes, it wont change previous calculations? Basically, I have rows 1-52
indicating weeks with the above formula for each week.

Thanks for all your help,
CJB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to convert the formulas to values...

Select the cells you do not want to change, Copy them then choose Edit|Paste
Special, Click on Values and press OK...