Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying an excell spreadsheet

When I copy an excell spread sheet to a CD and then copy it onto another
hard drive, it does not copy. All I see is a little red X. Is there
something special i need to do when copying it to the CD? Thanks.
--
Templar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

the copy function with CD's is not very portable. Better to use a CD-R and
burn the file instead of copy it.

"Templar" wrote:

When I copy an excell spread sheet to a CD and then copy it onto another
hard drive, it does not copy. All I see is a little red X. Is there
something special i need to do when copying it to the CD? Thanks.
--
Templar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It all depends on whether you actually copied the file. Copying is not
done in Excel, but in the operating system file management. Please use
Windows Explorer to burn the file to CD and then you may transfer it to
the hard drive of the other computer and "unset" read-only at that time.