Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default APY and Interest rate calculation

What is the formula to have the interest rate change based on the APY? I
have amounts between 1000 to 10,000 with Interest rate and APY. When I change
the APY I want it to calculate interest rate for all the fields with
different amounts and APY with the new interest rate based on the new APY.
How can I copy the same formula for all the other columns.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I understand your question. Forgive me if this is a misdirection.

Generally, if the APY is in A1 and compounding frequency is in A2, then the
annual interest rate is:

=A2 * rate(A2, 0, -1, 1+A1)

Note that APY must be expressed as a percentage, entered either as 6.5% or
0.065 (optionally formatted as Percentage) -- not simply 6.5 (without "%").

If that does not address your question, I suggest that you provide some
numerical examples to explain what you want.

----- original posting -----