Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using Pivot Table Data

I have some data in a pivot table which I want to use in a calculation but
when I try to key off a cell in the table the new cell is a calculation
....GetPivotTable....... and it is impossible to drag this cell down to
other cells that correspond to other cells in the pivot table.
Am I explaining myself??
Or: How do I refer to the contents of a cell in a pivot table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

Instead of clicking the cell, type the reference. For example, to create a
sum of data in a pivot table between C2 and C10, use =sum(C2:C10) instead of
clicking the cells.
If you change the pivot table, the formula will stop working (or at least
the data will change and it won't be what it was when you wrote the formula).

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote:

I have some data in a pivot table which I want to use in a calculation but
when I try to key off a cell in the table the new cell is a calculation
....GetPivotTable....... and it is impossible to drag this cell down to
other cells that correspond to other cells in the pivot table.
Am I explaining myself??
Or: How do I refer to the contents of a cell in a pivot table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, so you can turn the feature on and off:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures