Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date subtraction

I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 05:29:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?

=DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"m")

Date 1 needs to be your earlier Date.

See documentation for this function at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

It is present in most versions of Excel, but only documented within Excel in v
2000 (I think).
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

parse this group for posts re DATEDIF function
or look it up in yr Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DATEDIF is not documented in Excel Help (except in XL2000).

Pete

On Dec 9, 1:38*pm, Jarek Kujawa wrote:
parse this group for posts re DATEDIF function
or look it up in yr Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does "exact" number of months mean?

You can use DATEDIF, which is described he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

Hope this helps.

Pee

On Dec 9, 1:29*pm, wrote:
I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

........if it is available in Excel.........

;-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for helping