-   -   date subtraction (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212962-date-subtraction.html)

[email protected]

date subtraction

I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?

Ron Rosenfeld

date subtraction

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 05:29:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?

=DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"m")

Date 1 needs to be your earlier Date.

See documentation for this function at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

It is present in most versions of Excel, but only documented within Excel in v
2000 (I think).
--ron

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

date subtraction

parse this group for posts re DATEDIF function
or look it up in yr Help

Pete_UK

date subtraction

DATEDIF is not documented in Excel Help (except in XL2000).

Pete

On Dec 9, 1:38*pm, Jarek Kujawa wrote:
parse this group for posts re DATEDIF function
or look it up in yr Help

Pete_UK

date subtraction

What does "exact" number of months mean?

You can use DATEDIF, which is described he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

Hope this helps.

Pee

On Dec 9, 1:29*pm, wrote:
I have 2 dates (type dd/mm/xxxx) and I want know the exact number of
months between them.
Can anybody help?

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

date subtraction

........if it is available in Excel.........

;-)

[email protected]

date subtraction

Thanks for helping