Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to do a Vlookup and choose the corresponding Value with highes

In Excel, How do I lookup a value in a list with multiple corresponding
values and return only the value with the latest date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlm xlm is offline

There's a couple of ways to do this depending on your table
and the results you want. Off-hand, you can try Index..Match..

Would you provide an example and the expected result?

--

Thank You

cheers,

======================
Pls click Yes if this has help you
======================

"fats_71" wrote:

In Excel, How do I lookup a value in a list with multiple corresponding
values and return only the value with the latest date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assuming
A2:A10 contains real dates
B2:B10 contains say, names, eg: x, y, z
C2:C10 contains the values that's desired

then you could have something like this in D2,
array-entered (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula):
=INDEX(C2:C10,MATCH(MAX(IF(B2:B10="x",A2:A10)),IF( B2:B10="x",A2:A10),0))
which will extract the value in col C for the name = x which corresponds to
the max (ie the latest) date in col A
--
Max
Singapore
"fats_71" wrote:
In Excel, How do I lookup a value in a list with multiple corresponding
values and return only the value with the latest date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to do a Vlookup and choose the corresponding Value with hi

Apologies for not replying - In this particular case the problem was solved
simpily by filtering the source spreadsheet in date order.