Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dean

Default Vlookup or choose or?

Two seperate workbooks.
One holds a list of items that are sent for repair and the date they are
returned.
(1 item may appear on the list more than once, but is currently filtered not
to display)
The items are listed by their Depot,Serial number,Date sent and Date
returned and status (being out for repair, waiting to be sent).This status
does not change when the item is returned we just update the Date returned
column.

In the other workbook I have a list of all the item's Serial numbers and
their respective depot (1 serial number 1 depot No duplicates)! I would like
to know with the use of Vlookupor whatever, from this other workbook if an
item is out for repair, Waiting to be sent for repair or back on site.
I can do a straight forward vlookup but I don't know how to check another
column to see if it has a Date Returned!
Thanks in advance

Dean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ufo_pilot

If you have done the VLOOKUP for the "sent out date"
then you could do the same for the return date.
use the same formulae as for the -sent out date- but put it in another cell
perhaps next to it.
all you need to do is have the same VLOOKUP (maybe a larger array to
incorporate the return dats in it)
Change col_index_number.