Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LL LL is offline

Default Total when filtered

I want to get the total of the filtered cells only how do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use subtotal function

On Dec 8, 12:36*am, LL wrote:
I want to get the total of the filtered cells only how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look in the help index for SUBTOTAL and read carefully about the code for
filtered.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"LL" wrote in message
I want to get the total of the filtered cells only how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are using XL2003 or later, you can use:

=SUBTOTAL(109,range)

which will ignore hidden rows caused both by autofilter and manually-
hidden.

Earlier versions are limited to:

=SUBTOTAL(9,range)

which ignores autofiltered hidden rows.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 7, 7:36*pm, LL wrote:
I want to get the total of the filtered cells only how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apply a filter before using the Autosum button, and Excel will create the
proper subtotal formula for you. Instead of =sum(range), it will be
=subtotal(9,range)

"LL" wrote:

I want to get the total of the filtered cells only how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Filter the list and use Alt+=.

Ashish Mathur