Margot

Default I need this formula

Please help me. I need excel to figure the following formula

Fomula is Q=8.025 CA (h)0.5 where 0.5 is square root.
C=0.61
A=4.91
I will have the value for Q OR H. Which ever one I have I need the answer
for the other.

I now the formula will work when I know Q=41.6 and the answer for h is 3.
I now the formula will work when I know h=10 and the answer for Q is 76.0

Maybe I need two different formulas?
Please Help me I am tired and out of ideas. Thank you soooooo much.
Ron Coderre

For this example, I did the following:
A1: 0.61 (name this cell valC)
A2: 4.91 (name this cell valA)
A3: 3 (name this cell valH)
A4: 41.63101 (name this cell valQ)

Then put this formula in cell C1:
=IF(valH="",IF(valQ="","Insufficient
Data",(valQ/(8.025*valC*valA))^2),8.025*valA*valC*valH^0.5)
Now:
if you erase valH, the formula calculates valH.
If you set valH to 3 and erase valQ the formula calculates valQ.
If valH and valQ are blank, the formula returns "Insufficient Data"

I hope that works for you.

Regards,
Ron

Bernd Plumhoff

Hi Margot,

Yes, you will need two formulas. Insert for example into cells A1:D4:

A 4,91 A 4,91
C 0,61 C 0,61
Q 41,6 h 10
h =(B3/(8,025*B1*B2))^2 Q =8,025*D1*D2*D3^0,5

(use "." instead of my "," - I am sitting at a German version here)

HTH,
Bernd