Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can someone help with this problem please

How can I lock a cell after data has been entered. What I have is a
sheet that takes data from another sheet i.e. I have counta to count
names. That is on sheet 1. The count remains on sheet 1 and is used on
another calculation, but it's also used on sheet 4. There it's used on
a different calculation by week number. The problem I have is say on
week 1 it's 79, it does it's calculation which should remain the same.
But on week 2 if another name is added then it updates week 1 as well
which is incorrect. Is there any way that week 1 cell once past that
date can be locked automatically so that it doesn't change. Any help
would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bryan,
Make a macro so after the number is actualize make a copy paste values so
that number will remain the same

" wrote:

How can I lock a cell after data has been entered. What I have is a
sheet that takes data from another sheet i.e. I have counta to count
names. That is on sheet 1. The count remains on sheet 1 and is used on
another calculation, but it's also used on sheet 4. There it's used on
a different calculation by week number. The problem I have is say on
week 1 it's 79, it does it's calculation which should remain the same.
But on week 2 if another name is added then it updates week 1 as well
which is incorrect. Is there any way that week 1 cell once past that
date can be locked automatically so that it doesn't change. Any help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
How can I lock a cell after data has been entered. What I have is a
sheet that takes data from another sheet i.e. I have counta to count
names. That is on sheet 1. The count remains on sheet 1 and is used on
another calculation, but it's also used on sheet 4. There it's used on
a different calculation by week number. The problem I have is say on
week 1 it's 79, it does it's calculation which should remain the same.
But on week 2 if another name is added then it updates week 1 as well
which is incorrect. Is there any way that week 1 cell once past that
date can be locked automatically so that it doesn't change. Any help
would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Eduardo, I thought that maybe the case, and it's caused me a
big shudder, macro's are not me.com, thanks for the reply.
Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
How can I lock a cell after data has been entered. What I have is a
sheet that takes data from another sheet i.e. I have counta to count
names. That is on sheet 1. The count remains on sheet 1 and is used on
another calculation, but it's also used on sheet 4. There it's used on
a different calculation by week number. The problem I have is say on
week 1 it's 79, it does it's calculation which should remain the same.
But on week 2 if another name is added then it updates week 1 as well
which is incorrect. Is there any way that week 1 cell once past that
date can be locked automatically so that it doesn't change. Any help
would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Eduardo, I thought that maybe the case, and it's caused me a
big shudder, macro's are not me.com, thanks for the reply.
Bryan.- Hide quoted text -

Eduardo, yes please that would be great if you could. I need to
operate on cells B8 to BA8 = 52 weeks.

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bryan,
Do me a favour, send me an example of the spreadsheet where you have the
information by week and the sheet where you take the information from. I
don't need the 52 weeks just 2 columns and I will populate to the others but
I need to see how you get the information so I can see the best way. Thank
you. I am leaving today but tomorrow morning I will send you the macro and
the instructions to run it

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
[...]

Bryan- Hide quoted text -

Thanks again Eduardo, I don't have the facility here at work to attach
any files so will do it from home.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bryan,
no need to send the file just tell me what do you have in your spreadsheet
in the different worksheets like
Sheet1 column a
Row1 100
Row2 200

Sheet2 Column a
week1 weed2
1 2

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Eduardo, thanks again,
Sheet 4 (Paul) A10 =counta(A33:A150)
Result in B10 is the Number of people in week 1 on 'A' Shift. =A10*A12
B11= Number of absences divided by number days*100 to give the percentage of
absence that week this data from the 'A' sheet IT261
This is a count across on Sheet 3 (A) from E261 to IT261 going down for the
whole year of 2009 and up to 2015
I need the result of the percentage to stay the same as each week passes
If a name is added to the 'A' column then all the weeks before change the %
to accommodate the increase in manpower which shouldn't happen.
We may go 6 weeks with only 80, then jump up to 82.
There is probably a lot easier way to do this, but this way I understand
what I'm doing. I'm learning, but at my age it takes longer to sink in.

I might be wrong in the way I have gone about this.

Bryan.

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bryan,
where is the formula A10*A12, I know that A10 is the counta, what is in A12
I assume tha in cell B11 you have a formula that looks like this please
correct me if I'm wrong
=+Sheet3!IT261/30*100
with that information we will be done soon

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

any files so will do it from home.- Hide quoted text -

Eduardo, I wish it were that simple.
In B11 on sheet4 (Paul) is =B7/B10*100

Bryan.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bryan,
To make things easier please send the file to , I
will take a look when I arrive home and I will forward to you again

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Sent Eduardo.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks yet again Eduardo. Unfortunately, working on this last night I've
found that there are some other issues. So, until I get those sorted I wont
go forward with this. It looks like I will have to change the format quite a
lot. No doubt that I will need some help towards the end and hopefully I can
ask for your help later. Thanks again for all your input, it was very kind
of you.
I'll close this thread now so as not to stop others from getting help.

Bryan.

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

Eduardo, I couldn't send the file. Do I need your e-mail address?
Bryan.

wrote in message
On 3 Dec, 19:18, Eduardo
wrote:
Hi Bryan,
Do me a favour, send me an example of the spreadsheet where
you have
the
information by week and the sheet where you take the
information from.
don't need the 52 weeks just 2 columns and I will populate to
the
others
but
I need to see how you get the information so I can see the
best way.
Thank
you. I am leaving today but tomorrow morning I will send you
the macro
and
the instructions to run it

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 18:35, Eduardo
wrote:
Do you need help with the macro I can write one for you
and you
can
have it
assigned to a bottom so you can run every time you want

" wrote:
On 3 Dec, 17:21, Eduardo