Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i create upto 50 copies of a spreadsheet within one workboo

i have a single spreadsheet which will have various cells such a text, data.
I want to create up to 50 copies as tabs client1, client2, client3, etc

any ideas
--
Thanks

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure the original sheet is named "client". The run this simple macro:

Sub Macro1()
For i = 1 To 50
Sheets("client").Copy Befo=Sheets(1)
ActiveSheet.Name = "client" & i
Next
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Paul" wrote:

i have a single spreadsheet which will have various cells such a text, data.
I want to create up to 50 copies as tabs client1, client2, client3, etc

any ideas
--
Thanks

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is a method that puts the new sheets at the end of any existing sheets. Simply activate the sheet you want to copy (that is an important step) and then run the CreateClientSheets macro...

Sub CreateClientSheets()
Dim X As Long
Dim WSindex As Long
WSindex = ActiveSheet.Index
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For X = 1 To 5
Sheets(WSindex).Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = "Client" & X
Next
Sheets(WSindex).Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Paul" wrote in message ...
i have a single spreadsheet which will have various cells such a text, data.
I want to create up to 50 copies as tabs client1, client2, client3, etc

any ideas
--
Thanks

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To work with a non macro approach, go to Insert Worksheet. A new
worksheet will not get created. Now keep pressing F4 till you have 50
sheets.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Paul" wrote in message
i have a single spreadsheet which will have various cells such a text,
data.
I want to create up to 50 copies as tabs client1, client2, client3, etc

any ideas
--
Thanks

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ashish

That only inserts new worksheets, does not copy the original.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP