BCBS

Default Displaying, manipulating and printing huge lists of data

I have imported a huge list of data into excel - the total list extends
waaaay past the limits of Excel. I have broken the list into several
spreadsheets and want to "shorten" the space it consumes by having more then
one column per page.

Isn't there some way to:
read the first 25 lines into columns A-C of Page 1 and then
read lines 26 through 50 and place that data on the same page only in
columns D-F
then read 51 - 75 lines onto Page 2 columns A-C followed by 76 - 100 onto
Page 2 columns D-F

and so on to the end of the list.

By moving the data around this way the total number of pages in the
worksheet could be dramatically reduced by I can't seem to figure out how to
do this -
Duke Carey

The amount of effort it takes to deal with that much data in Excel isn't
worth it.

Move it into Access or MSDE and use Excel's query tool to pull in what you
want to work with. Far fewer headaches & lots less time, IMHO.

"BCBS" wrote in message
I have imported a huge list of data into excel - the total list extends
waaaay past the limits of Excel. I have broken the list into several
spreadsheets and want to "shorten" the space it consumes by having more
then
one column per page.

Isn't there some way to:
read the first 25 lines into columns A-C of Page 1 and then
read lines 26 through 50 and place that data on the same page only in
columns D-F
then read 51 - 75 lines onto Page 2 columns A-C followed by 76 - 100 onto
Page 2 columns D-F

and so on to the end of the list.

By moving the data around this way the total number of pages in the
worksheet could be dramatically reduced by I can't seem to figure out how
do this -

Gord Dibben

VBA method....

Sub Move_Sets()
'move 3 columns to 6 with blank line between sets
Dim iSource As Long
Dim iTarget As Long
iSource = 1
iTarget = 1
Do
Cells(iSource, "A").Resize(25, 3).Cut _
Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "A")
Cells(iSource + 25, "A").Resize(25, 3).Cut _
Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "D")
iSource = iSource + 50
iTarget = iTarget + 26 '25 if blank line not required
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(iSource, "A"))
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP