Gord Dibben

VBA method....

Sub Move_Sets()
'move 3 columns to 6 with blank line between sets
Dim iSource As Long
Dim iTarget As Long
iSource = 1
iTarget = 1
Do
Cells(iSource, "A").Resize(25, 3).Cut _
Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "A")
Cells(iSource + 25, "A").Resize(25, 3).Cut _
Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "D")
iSource = iSource + 50
iTarget = iTarget + 26 '25 if blank line not required
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(iSource, "A"))
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:21:01 -0700, "BCBS"
wrote:

I have imported a huge list of data into excel - the total list extends
waaaay past the limits of Excel. I have broken the list into several
spreadsheets and want to "shorten" the space it consumes by having more then
one column per page.

Isn't there some way to:
read the first 25 lines into columns A-C of Page 1 and then
read lines 26 through 50 and place that data on the same page only in
columns D-F
then read 51 - 75 lines onto Page 2 columns A-C followed by 76 - 100 onto
Page 2 columns D-F

and so on to the end of the list.

By moving the data around this way the total number of pages in the
worksheet could be dramatically reduced by I can't seem to figure out how to
do this -