Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FOrmula Copy and Paste

OK I have a horse racing game that I am trying to setup. I have over 150
people coming and want my program to go smooth as silk. Trying to save some
time instead of doing one formula for each one, hoping to copy and paste for
all 150 guests names. Thanks

A B C D
E F G
1 highsteppin 1
2 Roundabout 2
3
4 last name first name horse name win place
show
5 SMITH JOHN HIGHSTEPPIN 1 0
0
6 JOHNSON BOB ROUNDABOUT 0 1
0

=IF(C5=C1,1,0) THIS IS THE FORMULA IN E5, AND IN F5 AND G5, I NEED TO KNOW
HOW TO COPY THIS FORMULA AND PASTE IT INTO E6, F6, G6, BUT FOR IT TO READ
IF(C6=C1,1,0), AND IF(C7=C1,1,0) AND SO ON DOWN THE LIST OF 150 PEOPLE. I
NEED THE FORULA TO UPDATE THE FIRST PART, BUT MAKE REFERENCE TO THE C1 AND
C2. THANKS WHOEVER IS GOING TO HELP ME.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Confused at Work wrote:
[...]

Look at "Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references" in the help file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have the same formula
=IF(C5=C1,1,0)
in E5, F5, and G5