Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Value function not working as expected in Excel 2007

I have a speadsheet that uses the RTD function to bring data into the
spreadsheet. This data comes in as TEXT. I verified this T(value) function.
However, I get #Value! error when I use Value(text) to convert the data to a
numeric value. This only occurs in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003 it works
correctly.

Example:
A1 = RTD(ProgID, Server, Topic1, Topic2) = 11-28-2008 02:46:49
A2 = TYPE(A1) = 2 (text=2)
A3 = Value (A1) = #Value!

Any help is appreciated