Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default Saving File Format

Hi,
I have a Reset Button on my worksheet, which uses macro or VB.
Do I need to save the file in different format for this button (macro) to
work?
Is there any way I can save it as usual xls (97-2003) format and this button
to work?

The function of the button is to clear the values of some cells. I am using
this in my TimeSheet, when I copy file and open the timesheet of previous day
to make it a new timesheet for today, I would like that button to clear
number (hours) from previous day. which is working fine, but the only problem
is when i save it as xls format it doesnot work anymore. but I need to save
it as xls format. is there another way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would create a real Template(*.XLT) which would not need clearing each day
since a new workbook would be opened from the Template.

Then you have no reason for the macro or a button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:06:00 -0800, Raz
wrote:

Hi,
I have a Reset Button on my worksheet, which uses macro or VB.
Do I need to save the file in different format for this button (macro) to
work?
Is there any way I can save it as usual xls (97-2003) format and this button
to work?

The function of the button is to clear the values of some cells. I am using
this in my TimeSheet, when I copy file and open the timesheet of previous day
to make it a new timesheet for today, I would like that button to clear
number (hours) from previous day. which is working fine, but the only problem
is when i save it as xls format it doesnot work anymore. but I need to save
it as xls format. is there another way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

thanks for your suggestion,
but I will need to open the one from previous day, becouse all other
information (except hours) need to get carried to next day timesheet.