Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to count in month?

Hello:

I have the excel that it will record down how many items sold out.
May I know how can I calculate how much items has been sold out by every
month?

Thanks a lot!

Date Items Sold Out
1-Oct-2008 2
30-Oct-2008 3
4-Nov-2008 4
3-Mar-2008 6
2-Feb-2008 5
6-Nov-2008 12
6-Mar-2008 16

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a column, generate the month out of the dates , eg.

=month(A1)

where A1 is your date column. Then you can create a pivot table to sum up or
subtotal grouping based on the month number.

"Blue Fish" wrote:

Hello:

I have the excel that it will record down how many items sold out.
May I know how can I calculate how much items has been sold out by every
month?

Thanks a lot!

Date Items Sold Out
1-Oct-2008 2
30-Oct-2008 3
4-Nov-2008 4
3-Mar-2008 6
2-Feb-2008 5
6-Nov-2008 12
6-Mar-2008 16

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Put this in a cell and drag rown for 12 rows to get the total for each month

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH($A$1:$A$20)=ROW(A1))*($B$1:$B$2 0))

Mike

"Blue Fish" wrote:

Hello:

I have the excel that it will record down how many items sold out.
May I know how can I calculate how much items has been sold out by every
month?

Thanks a lot!

Date Items Sold Out
1-Oct-2008 2
30-Oct-2008 3
4-Nov-2008 4
3-Mar-2008 6
2-Feb-2008 5
6-Nov-2008 12
6-Mar-2008 16

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your share. After I create the pivot table. When I drop the
month it will show "1/1/1900" "1/2/1900".....
May I know how can I change it to display as the value of "=month(A1)"
that I created?

Thanks!