Gigi

Default PivotTable - Count by Month

I have a spreadsheet for daily sales. Details of each sale (including Date,
Order No, Product, Quantity, Unit Price, Discount, Total Price, etc) are
recorded on each row. The Date format is "dd/mm/yyyy (ddd)".

I would like to create a PivotTable to count the total sales of each product
for each month. However, I am having problem to do the count by month.
Currently, I have to add another Month column (and then hide the Month
column) in front of my Date column to indicate the month, and in order to do
the count by month in my PivotTable.

Is there a smarter way of doing the above?
Andy Brown

I would like to create a PivotTable to count the total sales of each
product
for each month. However, I am having problem to do the count by month.
Currently, I have to add another Month column

You don't need the extra column. Assuming you have Products down the side
(Row area), dates across the top (Column area) & Count of Product in the
middle (Data area):

Rightclick a Date cell across the top & choose "Group and Outline -- Group"
from the pop-up menu. If your data spans years, you'll need to group by
month *and* year.

HTH,
Andy

Andy Brown