Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Questions???

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use SUMIF; can you post an example of your data?

Also, see this explaination of SUMIF:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumIf
--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a similar project and I use COUNTIF. I allow the variable to be the
text. The only problem that I have found is consistency. If the text is
misspelled then it won't count it.

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is good however, the text vary e.g., January, February, March through
December. I've tried SUMPRODUCT and it works well. Now I would like to copy
that same formula to other cells and it copies the subsequent cell range.
e.g., N7:N28 changes to N8:N29. Any thoughts on how to keep the same range?

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the website. It's super.

I've been using =SUMPRODUCT which works well however I've tried to copy the
formula into other cells and it's giving me the subsequent cell numbers. I
would like to keep the same cell range from the original cell.

Any suggestions. Maybe the answer is on the website, I will read it soon.

Thanks again

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you show us a sample of the data we can probably provide a better
solution. Without seeing the data layout I suggest using a pivot table.
Very powerful and relatively easy to set up.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

$N$7:$N$28

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Rosebud" wrote:

I have created a worksheet with columns to count the number of tickets
assigned to staff and would like to calculate the number of tickets closed
each month by each employee.

Does anyone know how to count the totals of tickets when the cells consist
of text?

Thanks for any help offered.

if questions Mauro Excel Worksheet Functions 4 September 16th 08 12:05 AM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
007 questions Gklass Charts and Charting in Excel 5 February 5th 07 04:40 PM
Two Questions mike New Users to Excel 2 June 24th 05 12:35 AM
2 questions Mark1 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 15th 05 09:08 PM