Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot table limitations

Hi I have been trying to work on a table which has lot of column. I am facing
a peculiar problem where I am unable to get desired results. I am unable to
use same fields on data items and on row fields. Also pivot seems to have
some limitation for column.

I have attached the excel sheet where, "Sample Table" shows my data, "Pivot
Table shows the Pivot table which I cannot process further and which does not
automatically give grand total. And "Desired result" shows the result I am
looking for. Can some one look unto it and help me how can I get it done.
Even a macro code will help.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Where is the "attached file"?

The limits of pivot tables depend on the version of Excel you are using,
what it that?

You can put a field into the row, column or page area only once. That means
that it can't appear in the row are twice or in the row and column areas.
You can put the same field into the Data area as is in the row, page or
column area and you can put it there 256 time.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire