Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum referencing Conditionally Formatted Cells

I need to conditionally formatted cells from a range. I have already set the
CF (text=red) for the ranges, but can't fine the operator to sum all the red
data. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a SUMIF formula, use the same 'rule' you used to make the cells red
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jwpitts" wrote in message
I need to conditionally formatted cells from a range. I have already set
the
CF (text=red) for the ranges, but can't fine the operator to sum all the
red
data. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can incorporate your CF condition into a SUMIF formula, or
possibly SUMPRODUCT if the condition is complex. For example:

=SUMIF(A:A,"100")

if your CF condition turns the cells red if they are greater than 100.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 25, 1:34*pm, jwpitts wrote:
I need to conditionally formatted cells from a range. *I have already set the
CF (text=red) for the ranges, but can't fine the operator to sum all the red
data. *Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the response, but maybe it is more complex than I thought. My
CF selects the highest value from a range of cells and sets the text to red.
I am using a =LARGE(range,1) formula already, and want to test the accuracy
of my CF by summing all the red text cells. If my CF is correct, they should
be the same.

BTW, where can I find the 'rule' stated in a manner consistant with use in a
formula? I used the Conditional Formating Rules Manager to create the rule,
but don't find anything there that I can put in a formula.

Thanks for your help.