Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array Doesn't work in Excel 2003

I created the following array in Excel 2007 and it works fine.

I then save the spreadsheet to be compatable with 2003 and when I open the
file the data is there, but any changes to the data or the array and the cell
goes blank.

Is it possible that somethign in the formula is incompatable with 2003?

Thanks in advance for any help.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Roll Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2))," ",INDEX('Roll
Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does "cleaning_status" refer to? In Excel versions prior to Excel 2007
you can't use entire columns as range references. If "cleaning_status"
refers to an entire column change it to a smaller specific range.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ghowell" wrote in message
I created the following array in Excel 2007 and it works fine.

I then save the spreadsheet to be compatable with 2003 and when I open the
file the data is there, but any changes to the data or the array and the
cell
goes blank.

Is it possible that somethign in the formula is incompatable with 2003?

Thanks in advance for any help.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Roll Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2))," ",INDEX('Roll
Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Clarification:

In Excel versions prior to Excel 2007 you can't use entire columns as range
references.

You can't use entire columns as range references *in array formulas*.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ghowell" wrote in message
I created the following array in Excel 2007 and it works fine.

I then save the spreadsheet to be compatable with 2003 and when I open
the
file the data is there, but any changes to the data or the array and the
cell
goes blank.

Is it possible that somethign in the formula is incompatable with 2003?

Thanks in advance for any help.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Roll Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2)),"
",INDEX('Roll
Cleaning Data'!C:D,SMALL(IF(cleaning_status="
",ROW(cleaning_status)),ROW('Roll Cleaning Data'!1:1)),2))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

That formula looks compatible, but the value if true on the iserror is a
blank.

Are you sure the changes to the data aren't producing this result?

Is anything in the data calculated by formulas, and if so what are the
formulas?