Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help in VLOOKUP function

Good day,
I hope the experts and guru can help me on this problem.
Here is what I have:-
Table 1, name "SHS" defined as H2:K10
Table 2, name "FB" defined as M2:P5
Column A will be input either SHS or FB, eg A1 -- SHS
in Cell B1, I want it to lookup a data from table SHS,
so, I input a formula like =vlookup(3;A1;2) which I wanted it to return a
value from table SHS 2nd column from row containing 3 at 1st column.
Obviously, it didn't work since it looked in CELL A1 instead of table SHS.
How should I edit the formula to get what I want? I tried to use IF
function but I will be too long since I actually have about 10 tables. Your
help is very appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it like this: