Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gcw gcw is offline

Default Formula help on HLookup / VLookup ??

I need a help writing this formula to reference 2 (two) points to find an
answer
In Worksheet (Main) Cell: D4 I need populated the Month Target (Jan/08) for
"HJ170"

My lookup table would be Worksheet (TLTargets) and the area would be
B2:Q42
(The correct answer would be value of B4 on TLTarget worksheet)

SheetName: Main
A B C D E Column
2 Jan/08 Feb/08
3 HJ170 T/L Core 0.17 0.01
4 Target ????
5 Non Core 0.61 0.76
6 Target
Row

SheetName: TLTargets Table B2:Q42
A B C Column
1 TOTAL Jan-08 Feb-08
2 Quality Control 0.65 0.65
3 IO 1 Kaizen 0.50 0.50
4 HJ170 0.50 0.50
5 HJ270 0.50 0.50
Row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=VLOOKUP(A2,TLTargets!A2:Q42,2,FALSE)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gcw gcw is offline

"porter444" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(A2,TLTargets!A2:Q42,2,FALSE)

I also want it to scan across the columns and find the correct column
(Month), in this case it is correct, but what if I was looking for May 08.