Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup and hlookup formula, a good challenge

to beginu thanks for your help. I need a formula for the following
information. I have a table with the following information:
1 2 3 4
Rose 5% 101 102 103 104
Rose 10% 201 202 203 204
Rose 15% 301 302 303 304
Jack 3% 401 402 403 404
Jack 6% 501 502 503 504
Jack 9% 601 602 603 604

I need a formula that when I request "Rose @ 15% @ 2" My answer is 302

Hope you can understand, Thanks

Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this.

Table in the range A2:F7

A10 = Rose
B10 = 15%
C10 = 2

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A7=A10),--(B2:B7=B10),INDEX(C2:F7,,C10))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Frances C" wrote in message
to beginu thanks for your help. I need a formula for the following
information. I have a table with the following information:
1 2 3 4
Rose 5% 101 102 103 104
Rose 10% 201 202 203 204
Rose 15% 301 302 303 304
Jack 3% 401 402 403 404
Jack 6% 501 502 503 504
Jack 9% 601 602 603 604

I need a formula that when I request "Rose @ 15% @ 2" My answer is 302

Hope you can understand, Thanks

Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

If your table is in A1:F7

A11=Rose
B11=15%
C11=2

you could try
=MAX((A2:A7=A11)*(B2:B7=B11)*(C1:F1=C11)*C2:F7)

array entered. After typing in the formula hold Control+Shift keys and hit
enter.

"Frances C" wrote:

to beginu thanks for your help. I need a formula for the following
information. I have a table with the following information:
1 2 3 4
Rose 5% 101 102 103 104
Rose 10% 201 202 203 204
Rose 15% 301 302 303 304
Jack 3% 401 402 403 404
Jack 6% 501 502 503 504
Jack 9% 601 602 603 604

I need a formula that when I request "Rose @ 15% @ 2" My answer is 302

Hope you can understand, Thanks

Frances

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your table A1:F7

=INDEX(A1:F7,MATCH(1,(A1:A7="Rose")*(B1:B7=15%),0) ,MATCH(2,A1:F1,0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Frances C" wrote:

to beginu thanks for your help. I need a formula for the following
information. I have a table with the following information:
1 2 3 4
Rose 5% 101 102 103 104
Rose 10% 201 202 203 204
Rose 15% 301 302 303 304