Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup & hlookup

Hi

How can I make exel return a call value which is an intersection of a
vlookup and a hlookup?

eg: if the hlookup looks across the columns looking for a prescribed value,
ie a particular month and year amongst 5 years (60 columns - 5 x 12months)
worth of months. Then the vlookup goes down the column looking for the
intersection of that column and the row which coincides with the vlookup
value.

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

Find the row with VLOOKUP then find the column with MATCH.

Here's a screencap:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4610/lookupwt1.jpg

Biff

"Aitchy" wrote in message
Hi

How can I make exel return a call value which is an intersection of a
vlookup and a hlookup?

eg: if the hlookup looks across the columns looking for a prescribed
value,
ie a particular month and year amongst 5 years (60 columns - 5 x 12months)
worth of months. Then the vlookup goes down the column looking for the
intersection of that column and the row which coincides with the vlookup
value.

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff