Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automation of info

I have a table with (2) columns. Col. A is id # col. B is billing code. Each
column has about 100 entries.

What would like to be able to do is when I type an ID# in let's say column D
and have it return the corrosponding billing code in column E.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If the first colum of your table is sorted ascending and your entries will
always be in the table, then you can use the short formula:

=LOOKUP(D1,A1:B10)

If the above conditions won't hold you can use

=VLOOKUP(D1,A1:B10,3,)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire