Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add A Line In A Text Cell

Greetings,

I need to add a line in a cell being used as a header. There are
three ways to do this:

1) Use Char(10) in a formula - disadvantage is no formatting (Size,
color or font)

2) Use a LOT of spaces - disadvantage is it looks messy and sometimes
does unexpected things.

3) Use some keystroke combination to force a line feed - disadvantage
is you cannot mix text and formulas (I can live with that)..

I am looking for number 3.

Anyone know what that keystroke combination is?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Minitman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need a formula to insert the CHAR(10):

In a cell:

helloALT-ENTERworld

What I mean ( I confused even myself) is that after typing the o in hello,
touch ALT-ENTER before typing world
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

"Minitman" wrote:

Greetings,

I need to add a line in a cell being used as a header. There are
three ways to do this:

1) Use Char(10) in a formula - disadvantage is no formatting (Size,
color or font)

2) Use a LOT of spaces - disadvantage is it looks messy and sometimes
does unexpected things.

3) Use some keystroke combination to force a line feed - disadvantage
is you cannot mix text and formulas (I can live with that)..

I am looking for number 3.

Anyone know what that keystroke combination is?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey Gary's Student,