Christy Quesenbery via OfficeKB.com

Default concatenate

I tried adding a hyphen using a previous help screen to no avail. I have
an 11000 line spreadsheet containing one column with 7 digits. I need to
add a hyphen to the 6th position from the left.

Any ideas?

Duke Carey

So, you need 6 digits left of the hyphen and 1 to the right, or 5 and 2?

=LEFT(TRIM(A6),6)&"-"&RIGHT(TRIM(A6),1)

Change the 6 & 1 above if you want 5 left and 2 right