Jeff

Default space between text strings with concatenate

I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a
space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How
can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that
we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together
with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!)

Thanks
Jeff

Niek Otten

Hi Jeff,

=text1&" "&text2

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jeff" <no_em@ilplease wrote in message ...
I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a
space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How
can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that
we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together
with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!)

Thanks
Jeff

Jason Morin

CONCATENATE is a worthless function. You can join text
strings using the ampersand (&). To add a space, use:

=A1&" "&A2

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA